Monday, October 26, 2009

Supposed to be packing...

I'm having mixed emotions about this trip. I'm supposed to be packing and doing laundry and finishing up a few things so we can leave tomorrow afternoon, but I can't get motivated to do anything but feel sorry for myself. I'm glad I get to see my family of course, but I don't want to sit in a car. I don't want to pretend to be happy when I'm not. I don't want to deal with bleeding and pain at a rest stop. And I deffinately don't want to go to stupid Disneyland.

For those of you who don't know me you might be thinking "what a whiner, I'd love to go to Disneyland" but I've held season passes and grew up right next door to it so needless to say, it's all been done before. All I see is a long day of heat, then cold, lots of standing, lots of waiting, lots of walking, and lots of money all for things I've seen a hundred times. I'd much rather do something different but Steven is a creature of habit and Disneyland makes him insanely happy for some very strange reason.

Oh well, these things never happen at convenient times so I have to find a way to make the best of it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I hope you made the most of your trip even if it wasnt exactly what you wanted to do. My husband is also a creature of habit and sometimes it drives me mad. I hope you are taking good care and your body is healing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL, I've found that most men are creatures of habit. Where are these adventurous fellows like Lewis and Clark and the rest of the people we read of in history books? I can't get the guy to move from our house much less move across state for a better job. Grrr....doesn't make sense to me.

    ReplyDelete