Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Follow Up Appointment

Yesterday I went for a follow up appointment with my OBGYN. I was expecting to hear a little bit of reprimand for being part of the study (Dr's like to yell at me) but she was very nice instead. She seemed interested about it and asked me a bunch of questions. She did an exam and my cervix is still closed. They tracked down my lab results from this weekend and it showed that my numbers were going up and down. Thursday was 300 something and Saturday was 400 something. I thought it was a bit strange but she didn't seem too concerned. She offered to give me some medicine to expel everything quicker but I opted to do it naturally. I had more blood drawn yesterday and just got the results this morning of 391. I go back sometime next week for another draw. Basically we wait until they go all the way back down to zero and I'll start ovulating again and having normal cycles. I have a feeling this one is going to drag out for a while.

I did have a lovely chat with the gentleman that draws blood at the lab in the Dr's office. He's a Vietnam Vet and has pictures of him and his medals all over his office wall. This time we chatted about hunting since he was going to hunt some prairie dogs. He said he mostly hunts vermin these days. It was pretty funny to hear about prairie dogs exploding with only feet left (had to be there). And who knew that woodchucks are the same thing as a marmot? And that some "idiot" back in the 1860's brought a mating pair of raccoons to Utah so he could hunt them and caused them to spread all the way to CA and become a "nuisance". Last time he told me I was smart and insightful for my age (talking about the economy) and that my husband was lucky.
I look forward to getting my blood sucked. :)

The EAGeR people started me in the first part of the study again so I'm back to using the fertility monitor every day and answering a daily questionnaire diary. So far I'm getting "high" readings but that's probably because I have so many hormones in my system.

I'm not looking forward to continuing this process but....what can ya do?

In other things:
I'm planning my Auntie's 50th birthday party so we have to go back to CA at the end of the month so I can actually set up and host it. The invites are out and most of the decorations and supplies are taken care of. I still have a few things to do like get prizes for the costume contest and find some more black candles and get more spider webs. I need to plan the menu more thoroughly and figure out the situation on left over cups, plates, and cutlery from my wedding. I'm sewing Charlotte's (my niece) costume so I need to finish that up. Then of course we have to plan our trip but I'm leaving most of that to Steven.

Fall is officially in the air! The mountains are turning red and orange and our weather is finally not quite so freezing. Everything looks so pretty! I'm sadly short on fall decorations but I'm going to put up what I have today. I promised myself I'd get pilgrims this year to add to the collection so I need to go pilgrim hunting. HA!

I FINALLY got into that quilting class I need so badly. So Saturday I'll be sewing my brains out and know how to finish off a quilt. YAY! Hopefully that means I'll get my half finished projects out of the way. I'm still crocheting squares and I have about 40 so I guess I should start putting them together to see if it makes anything.

Steven lost an important server yesterday that holds all of their data storage. The information wasn't lost but it's inaccessable. He's pretty angry about it because he's been telling them that this small business server wasn't going to cut it and would break one day in the near future. Well the near future is now and it looks like they don't want to spend the money on it so he's going to have to preform another miracle as usual. They'll throw out 200,000 for a stupid new sales system that they don't need but won't upgrade their computer equipment that they do need for 26,000 or let Steven hire a new employee for 30,000. Rediculous! I bet if he did worse at his job then they'd hire someone real quick but it's not in him to be anything less than Superman at work. And the last two days he took off he ended up working at least half the day. I don't like Zero. I have no patience for corporate politics.

I'll close on a happy note, my sinks no longer leak!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can sleep at night without our bathroom sink dripping. He replaced the whole faucet and it even looks pretty. He also replaced the facet in the kitchen because it was leaking all the way down to the basement and we didn't know it. I knew that the top of the facucet leaked into the sink and all over the counter, but didn't know it was leaking underneath also. UGH...this stupid house is falling apart and our landlord couldn't care less. Wind comes in through the windows, everything he promised to fix he hasn't made even a little attempt at. I'll be sooooooooo happy to move. Hopefully next spring but I'm not holding my breath. I have new faucets!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment