Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Stupid Utah...

So Utah has been getting on my nerves here lately. The weather is so unpredictable that it drives me nuts. It's summertime and we've had more rainy cold days than hot sunny ones. The drivers are all completely incompetent. If the speed limit is 45 they will all go 30. If the speed limit is 35 they will all go 50. It's soooo aggravating!!! Then there is all of the notorious flaky people. And we can't forget the Mormons. I'm fairly certain I've lost the last few job interviews because I'm not Mormon or "from here" as they always like to point out first thing.

My dance recital thingy is on Friday and I'm already sick of it. So because half of the class loves to not show up (flakes again), that means that those of us that do actually show up, have to work twice as hard. Needless to say, I've had 4 rehearsals a week since I've been back from CA. I had practice TWICE on Saturday and now I have to go tonight, tomorrow night, and then Friday for the performance.

I've also had some issues with the costumes. We aren't really wearing "costumes" per say, but things like finding a black leotard that fits me is pretty close to impossible! I now have to make a black ballet skirt (chiffon and some ribbon, no biggie) because I can't find one to fit me. And my blue leotard that was ordered online fits fine, thankfully, but has a manufacturer's defect that I have to fix. ARG!

My last interview seemed to go so well but alas.. no second interview. Am I overqualified? If there even is such a thing. Is it because I don't have that I attended BYU on my resume? Is it because I mark that I'm available to work on Sundays? Not every Sunday mind you, but I will if it means I can get the job I want. Is it because you can't see "garments" showing under my clothes? Or because I wore slacks to the interview? I've finally given up on anything that pays well AND doesn't mean sitting in a cubicle for 9 hours a day. I just dropped off my application yesterday at Target (yes Target) for a photographer in their portrait studio. It's not a cheesy as half the stuff out there and at least you get a store discount. They seemed excited that someone applied and said a manager would call me later, but so far it's later and no manager call.

I also got an offer yesterday to babysit full time for a few months for a family. The Mother fell on a toy down the stairs and broke her ankle really badly and needed surgery. They are desperate to find someone to watch their 2 and 5 year old. Part of me wants to do it, but part of me really doesn't. It's hard enough that I can't have my own kids, much less take care of someone else's. I've done the whole nanny thing and it's just not what I want to do again. And I'm reluctant to tell them I'm available when I just put in my application somewhere else for a job I want much more than babysitting. I do feel obligated to take it though, because the person who recommended me to them has really talked me up to them. *sigh* Why does everything have to happen at the same time? Two months ago I would have jumped on it. And just when I made my mind up it has to have a wrench thrown in the works.

By the way, I'm 7dpo (days post ovulation) and nothing new. No implantation dip, no spotting, no nothing. Blah.

Anyhoo... off to sew my stupid costume.

Stupid TTC.

Stupid Mormons.

Stupid UTAH....

1 comment: