Tuesday, August 24, 2010

36 WEEKS!

This was a crazy busy week and I've been feeling awful through most of it. I feel like I'm coming down with the flu most of the time and my stomach hurts almost constantly. The aches and pains have reached a new level so I know something is happening in there. My energy level is up and down, but mostly down. There is so much to do but so little energy to get it all done. My Dr. told me to take it really easy so I'm doing that the best I can. The problem is that sitting or laying down for long durations is very uncomfortable. Belly dweller's movements have slowed down a lot and only occur at certain times of the day. But when she's moving she really lets me know it. I've had a lot of Braxton Hicks down low and started having a bunch up high. My muscles are all sore from it, but nothing has been regular enough or strong enough to make me go to Labor and Delivery. I have specific instructions for when to go and none of those things have happened yet. I'm really hoping that she decides to come soon! Well, after I finish getting everything together of course. :)

Sunday we re-arranged our furniture and cleaned up our room. It's so nice to have the extra room and some organization. The downside is that I'll have to put my sewing machine and craft table away so that the crib and changing table have a place to be. I need to hurry up and finish my projects so we can get it out of the way. Steven was supposed to go to his skate reunion that night but his friend's all bailed on him so we went to Michelle's house to visit with Robert and Jewelya some more before they left.

Monday I spent most of the day sewing and later Mom and I met Auntie Anne for dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. Whatever they put on their sandwich bread is pretty amazing.

Tuesday we had a NST at UCI in the morning. Everything looked good and they scheduled us to come back on Friday.

Wednesday Steven and I ran some much needed errands. I started having a lot of pressure and contractions. It now feels like my pelvis is separating for real.

Not much happened on Thursday. I felt sick and laid low for most of the day.

Friday was my OB appointment. I found out that they changed my due date to Sept. 16 so that's why the Dr. keeps saying I'm farther along then I thought I was. Blood pressure is good, measuring right on target, my group B test came back negative, cervix is closed, baby is still head down, and I lost two pounds weighing in at 197 lbs. After that we went to UCI for another NST and the baby looked good on the monitor. I had one small contraction that they registered but nothing major. They also did a quick ultrasound to check my fluid levels since Gestational Diabetes can cause excess fluid. I measured just under 20 cm which the tech said was on the generous side but still in the safe range. She was so sweet and tried to steal a few pictures for us but little one had her hand in front of her face. Here is the best shot we got, the big black circle is her eye opened looking right at you.
Photobucket
Aunt Jeannie came down from Havasu, AZ for the baby shower a day early so Mom and I met her for lunch and then they went shopping while I'm went home to finish making the party favors. We had a nice afternoon and evening visiting with her and then took her over to Michelle's house later that evening so she could stay in her guest room.

Saturday was the big day! Our baby shower!! We had an amazing time and my sister far out did herself. I know she put so much money and planning and time into it and it showed everywhere. Everyone said they had a great time and it was a much bigger turn out than I had expected. It was almost standing room only. :) We received so many gifts! It was so nice to see family and friends I have seen in a long time and get to catch up with them a bit. Steven said the men had a good time playing poker and chatting outside. We all partied until it was pretty late. It's so exciting that our baby girl has so many people anxious for her arrival. There are so many pictures so I'll probably make another post with a handful of pictures from the party.

Here is me at a few days past 36 weeks. Steven mentioned this week he thinks I've dropped. What do you think?
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you slighty dropped but not too much, I am so happy for you guys, and can't wait to see this cute little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm pretty excited to meet her. :)

    ReplyDelete