Sunday, August 15, 2010

35 WEEKS!

I am worn out! Only two more weeks until term and five weeks until our due date. I can't believe how close it is but it still seems so far away. I'm hugely swollen in my legs and feet and slightly swollen in my face and hands. Little girl has quiet days and busy days in there. Her movements really cause pain now. I still haven't been kicked in the ribs so I'm thankful for that.

Sunday we finished re-arranging and painting the living room. It looks soooooo much better! We've already received so many compliments on it and the space it opened up is amazing. It's now very comfortable to sit in there. And the dogs are loving the extra room, especially Bernice (Great Dane) since she has to roll back and forth with all her legs in the air.

Tuesday we did the finishing touches on the living room and had the new TV and Internet service installed. Mom and I went to buy a rug at home depot we saw on sale and it rang up even cheaper than we thought! A lovely cream 9x12' rug for $60! It works perfectly in the room too. Momma did a great job weeding out some knick knacks and books and I think she's happy with the result. I still need to paint the trim and door jams white one of these days, sew a few odds and ends like a valance and table skirt, maybe a few throw pillows, but other than that it's finished!

Wednesday we went with Steven's Dad, Grandpa Steve, to Babies R Us and picked up our travel system. I was only going to buy the infant car seat but he insisted that we needed the whole system. They had one left in stock of the color we wanted so we snatched it up! G. Steve still wanted to peruse the store after that so I'm not sure if he was really interested in baby stuff or has something else up his sleeve. We are soooooo relieved to have that major purchase out of the way and so very thankful for his generosity! All of our parents have been great to us and we're so appreciative for wonderful family to lean on. Here's a picture. :)

Photobucket

Thursday was our bi-monthly Dr appointment at the clinic. We met with the Dr this time and she was unusually chatty. My blood pressure was good but weight not so much. I'm at 199 lbs (holy cow) and up 7 from two weeks ago. My baggy maternity pants aren't fitting any better so it must be water in my legs and baby in my belly. Nobody said anything about my weight gain so I'm hoping that's ok. I measured 34 weeks which is spot on. Baby's heart rate was good and I think this was the first time she held still for the Doppler. Usually they are chasing her around to try and get a reading. I had to get swabbed for the Group B Strep test which is standard procedure. If I am a carrier then I'll have to have antibiotics during labor. I guess while she was in there she decided to do a cervical check. I have had some ugly procedures done in my lady regions in my time, but nothing prepared me for how badly this would hurt. It wasn't the Dr's fault, I've been ridiculously tender from the hips down for a really long time now. She said my cervix was closed and didn't mention if it was soft or not. The baby's head is "right there" so she said that's probably why I'm feeling so much pain and pressure. Baby has been head down and ready since the 20 week scan though so I'm thinking she's as anxious to get this over with as I am. :) I now am at weekly Dr appointments and Non Stress Tests (NST) at the hospital twice a week. We start this madness on Tuesday.

Friday we had a gathering at the house for Robert's birthday. He and Jewels and Dax are visiting from UT for a week. I spent the day cleaning up and running errands and cooking. We had quite the crowd actually. It was a really long day and I was beyond exhausted. It was great to see Jewels and Dax again though. It's too bad they live so far.

Needless to say Saturday wasn't a great day for me. Steven wanted to make room for the baby finally so I wasn't about to stop him. He did most of the planning and moving and I just agreed with whatever he wanted. I honestly have no opinion at this point, just get it done. LoL. He did a great job though and it's giving us so much more space in our room. In the evening I had a lot of gas pains up high in my stomach that felt like knives stabbing me. I couldn't catch my breath at all, like having the wind knocked out of you for a few hours. Oh man I was miserable. A hot shower helped some and moved the air bubbles around but it made me start contracting a lot which was really uncomfortable. After last night I can honestly say that I'm ready for the end. I didn't get much sleep so I think Sunday and Monday will be lazy days. I was supposed to meet Michelle and Robert and the gang at the beach but they called to say that paid parking was full so I stayed home. I was bummed but looking back it was probably a good thing I didn't go.

Here is me at 35 weeks. Steven said something that caught me off guard the other day about being agile even while pregnant. I certainly don't feel that way! I had to ask his help to get my pants on the other day. He's so funny, and does his very best to make me happy. Still no stretch marks on the belly!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment