Tuesday, July 13, 2010

30 WEEKS!

We are getting close to the home stretch now. Baby girl has settled into some patterns with her movements. I can feel body parts I just don't know which ones they are. Sometimes I feel something big and long so I wonder if it's her back. Some of the ladies on my forum know which direction their little ones are facing and I have no clue. I can't tell if she's breech, head up, or head down. I've been doing ok as far as symptoms go. I haven't had nearly as many stomach issues since changing my diet. I don't have much energy and get tired easily though.

For July 4th we went to Uncle Jim's house in Riverside and had a little BBQ with some family. It was a quiet little gathering (well, for the Sylvesters) but still very nice to visit with everyone. The weather was surprisingly cool. We didn't go see any fireworks or anything but that didn't bother me. When you grow up next to Disneyland where they do fireworks every night, it all gets a little overrated.

Tuesday was our last pregnancy/ baby class at the clinic and we got our free stroller. :) Everyone brought food and we had a potluck. There was soooo much food! We had a nice time getting to chat a little more informally with the other parents-to-be.

I found out there was a problem with my MediCal this week when I called to see where my cards were. Apparently my information was mixed up with another person that has my same name and a very similar social security number. It was a pain getting that all cleared up and I don't think it's over yet. It also looks like I'll be on Cal Optima which means I likely can't deliver at UCI. :( I'm really sad about that. I have to find out more information when my cards come in and I can talk to my OB coordinator. Luckily I was able to finally get the prescription filled for my Sugar Monitor's test strips. It's $130 for 100 strips if you have to pay cash!!

Momma and I went shopping this week for her trip to TX. We found all of the items she needed and luckily at great prices. I think we can safely say we're awesome bargain shoppers. I always wanted a big pregnant belly to see what it would look and feel like, but after shopping with her and dealing with crappy maternity clothes, I can't wait to be able to wear normal things again. I'm really motivated to get my butt into the gym after this baby comes and go down a size or two.

No news on the job front. One of the jobs Steven really wanted is still in limbo. Apparently they haven't started interviews yet and so far he's the only qualified candidate. So it's a waiting game as usual. They were in such a hurry a few weeks ago and now they are dragging their feet. I know there are always things to tie up and replacing a big position like IT Director isn't easy, but seriously....let's get this show on the road!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment