Tuesday, July 6, 2010

29 WEEKS!

This has been an eventful week for my pregnancy. Little one's movements are smaller because she seems very cramped. My belly changes shape depending on what she's doing. I can't wait for the next ultrasound to see her!

Sunday my sister called with an alteration emergency. Her bridesmaid dress was ordered two sizes too big by the idiot sales girls. Her usual alterations lady wasn't able to make it look right so she brought it to me. We literally took it all apart and put it back together again, a half inch smaller in every way. I think we did a pretty good job and she'll look beautiful at the wedding.

Monday I didn't feel well at all. I spent most of the day on the couch watching tv and making these onsies. I discovered yoyo's and now I can't stop! haha. The EAGeR study called for my monthly update. I miss going to visit those ladies, they are so nice.

Photobucket

Tuesday we had our baby class. We talked about parenting and discipline. It was interesting to hear everyone's perspective on the different styles the class pointed out. There are many different cultures represented in the class and the view ranged from being very strict to very lenient. I'd like for us to take more parenting classes but I doubt Steven will want to go. He seems to think we can "wing" everything but I'd rather be more prepared. I also found out that I failed my 1 hr glucose test and needed to come in for the 3 hr. :(

Wednesday we arrived at the clinic early for the 3 hr glucose test. I had to fast all night without food or water and when I arrived they took a blood sample and had me suck down a drink twice as sweet as the last test within 5 minutes. Gigi set me up in her quiet education room but the drink started to make me really sick so she had me lay in an empty exam room. I was trying so hard not to throw up, because if you do they make you start the test over again. At hour intervals they took my blood again. I know I looked like death because I sure felt like it. It made me hot, and nausiated, my heart was racing, and it was hard to breathe. Ugh...so awful. Thankfully Steven was with me and he ended up reading to me. He's not good at reading out loud, bless him, but it sure helped the time pass quickly. After the 3 hr mark I was able to walk again without hanging on to the wall. LoL. I'm so glad I had the foresight to bring bread and water in the truck to eat on the way home. Needless to say I spent the rest of the day resting.

On Friday I received the results of the test and I failed. They diagnosed me with Gestational Diabetes. I now have a monitor to test my blood 4 times a day, follow a very strict diet, and increase my exercise. I need to keep my sugars at a certain level or they will put me on insulin shots and I'll have to transfer to the hospital Dr's for care since the clinic can't take high risk patients. Gigi said that at 32 weeks I'll have to start going to the hospital twice a week for fetal monitoring. I'm sure I'll find out more at my next Dr's apppointment. The extra exercise has caused me to have a lot of contractions. At my last visit my Dr told me to rest more but now I have to walk to keep my sugars down.

Momma and I also went to visit Rachel for the first time on Friday. We took them a carseat cover that I made. What a beautiful little girl! She really is a miracle baby having been told by all of the Dr's that she wouldn't survive outside the womb. She's 7 weeks old and doing great! Congratulations Matthew and Rida!

In other exciting news, I've found a photographer to do my maternity photos! He has a very cool style and I'm really excited. I found him on craigslist looking to expand his portfolio to weddings and engagements. I wrote to see if he was interested in maternity and he said yes, so yay! Free pictures! It should be really fun. We're going to do them editorial style instead of the usual maternity photos you typically see. I have nothing to lose but a few hours of my time so it sounds perfect to me. :)

Here is 29 weeks!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. there's no belly pics on 28 or 29 weeks just so you know. I can't wait to see your maternity pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm a slacker. Got the pics of my camera and now it's updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fun! Cant wait to see the maternity shots!! You look so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete