Wednesday, May 26, 2010

24 WEEKS!

We're 6 months and officially hit the viability marker!!

I had an OB appointment on Monday. The Dr. said that everything was normal on the anatomy scan and baby was head down in a good position already. I honestly don't know what that means since we still have a few months to go but the Dr. seemed to think it was good. Maybe she's practicing for the big day? Her heart rate was in the 140's although it took a few tries to get it since she wouldn't hold still. I weighed in at 183 lbs, up 5 lbs from last month. So I guess that puts me roughly at a 4 lb gain from day 1. Yikes, I need to go on a serious workout plan after this is over. On Wednesday I measured myself and am 38" around.

Steven and I started some classes about general pregnancy info. It's pretty basic but we did learn a few things and it's free so why not? And as an added bonus they'll give us a nice stroller at the end of the 10 weeks. Woot! Unfortunately classes are held at the clinic, or petree dish as Steven calls it, and I think I picked up a stomach bug. I was sick to my stomach in one way or another for the last few days. Not fun. :(

I'm pretty grouchy and uncomfortable now. It seems like none of my clothes fit (a slight exaggeration I'm sure), lots of stomach issues, Braxton Hicks and lots of headaches. I'm so moody and I'm sure poor Steven feels that he can't do anything right. Luckily he has friends to hang out with a few times a week. I didn't think you were supposed to be really uncomfortable until the third trimester but my body doesn't like changes and this is a pretty big one. One fun thing though is that I think I felt her having hiccups one day. It was very rhythmic movement, like a heartbeat, for a good 5 minutes or so. Super cute!

I am pleased to report that Dare is doing much better! She's made friends with my Mom's dogs and is eating again. She seems to be much happier. She's also loving our every other day walks.

Wednesday was my cousin Matthew's birthday so my Auntie and Uncle threw a little party for him at the beach on Friday. Steven already had plans so I went with Mom and Dad. I was pretty queasy through the whole thing but the fresh ocean air felt nice and it was fun seeing all the kids play in the sand. Charlotte brought a kite and got a big kick out of it. And the smore's were a hit of course. We'll have to plan to do that every month this summer. My Dad always brings enough stuff to make it really comfortable to hang out most of the day if you want to. He even had tea for me!

On Sunday we had a BBQ at Auntie Anna's and Uncle Larry's house. It was really fun getting together with everyone again. Robert was in town this week so he was there also. We ate far too much, played games, and visited. I had lots of help with names being thrown around. Apparently people are afraid this kid won't have a name. LoL. The problem is me, I'm too picky. Heaven forbid if I have to name 5 more kids! It's so difficult. This week we're liking "Leslie", "Brooke", and "Priscilla" if my sister is ok parting with it. Steven is still stuck on "Nichole" but I don't like it. He was all about "Emily" a few weeks ago and I finally said it could be a contender and now he doesn't like it. LoL. So there's nothing concrete yet, just a few we kind of agree on..... for now.

Steven was contacted by the local branch of a headhunting company he was using in UT. He has a meeting set up for Wednesday to talk about their openings and what he's looking for. It sounded very promising so we'll see. It would sure be nice if things lined up soon. Not having insurance is making me really nervous. I applied for MediCal but no word back yet on if I was approved or not. I would still really like to have a good OB or possibly midwife if someone could squeeze me in last minute. Even a birthing center would be nice. The clinic is so impersonal and I'm sure any sort of birth plan I have will be thrown out the window to do what's convenient for them. Nothing has gone as planned so far though so I'm learning to be very flexible in my plans. There's always next time I suppose.

We still don't have any of the big items and need to get a bunch more of the smaller ones too. I think we're just about fine on clothes for the first few months, but I need to order more cloth diapers for sure, figure out our sleeping arrangements, get a car seat, and figure out where the heck I'm going to put everything in an orderly fashion. I can't decide on a crib, co sleeper, or just buying a king size bed. I know whatever we decide will be fine, but I don't want just fine, I want what's best for her and will make her feel the most secure. I'm thinking the Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper is a good best of both worlds option. I've seen them for under $100 on craigslist. Anyway, just thinking out loud. :)

I'm getting really excited to meet her!

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment