Wednesday, April 14, 2010

17 WEEKS!

We arrived in CA on Monday around 5pm. A lot of people showed up to help us unload which was so nice after such a long drive. The dogs were more than happy to be done with the car. LoL. It was difficult finding a place for everything so we just filled up all of the empty rooms, including the living room. My poor mother... I've spent most of the week going through boxes and finding a place for what I can and the rest will go in storage. Dare isn't eating much and I'm kind of worried about her, but I'm sure it's a big adjustment for puppies as much as it is for me.

On Saturday Dad had a BBQ at the house for a belated Easter get-together. Not everyone could make it but it was wonderful seeing most of my family again. I can't believe how excited everyone is for the baby and for us to be back! Steven got to spend some time with his Dad this week also.

In pregnancy news some exciting things happened! I have an appointment on the 19th to see a midwife pratice and next Monday Michelle set up and appointment at a clinic to apply for Medical and see their Doctor. I'm hoping I'll at least be able to get an Anatomy Scan without having to pay a ton out of pocket. But the best news of all is that I started feeling movement!! I thought I felt a few things while laying on my stomach on Friday but Saturday there was no mistaking it. My jeans are very tight in the belly now and as I was sitting at the table, eating and talking with my aunties and cousins I felt distinct movements. It lasted a long time and went off and on all night. I've felt a little bit every day and it's so exciting! I think I'm hitting a growth spurt also (or rather, baby is) becuase my tummy seems bigger every morning. It could just be in my mind though. LoL, wishful thinking.

Steven took me to buy a few more maternity pieces to add to my wardrobe. I'm a litle too small for them yet but soon I'm sure they'll fit.

Here is me starting my 17th week with a dirty mirror. :)
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Aww glad everything is falling into place. I bet feeling the kicks and movement is amazing!!! Can't wait to see some bump pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS on feeling movement! It really is wonderful. I'm glad you are now enjoying this :) Your pic is missing! I can't wait to see how you've popped!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think theres a big diffence in pooch from 16 to 17 weeks. beautiful baby pooch ! lets see an 18 week photo.

    ReplyDelete