Tuesday, February 2, 2010

7 WEEKS

Sunday was 7 weeks but I've been so busy I haven't been able to post until tonight. Hubby had us running errands like crazy all weekend and Monday was the first ultrasound!

Everything went great! It was amazing to see the heartbeat. I honeslty wanted to cry, I was so surprised! I had prepared myself for bad news but God is good and our little one was just beating away. The tech measured it the first time at 144 bpm and the second time at 146. She said it was measuring perfectly at 7 weeks 1 day which is exactly what I was! She said everything looked perfect and let us hear the heartbeat and she recorded it all for us on a DVD.

Steven was really happy. While we were walking back to the car he says to me "now we have to decide what kind of box we're putting you in" and drove straight to Babies R Us to look at baby things.

Symptom wise, my nausea was bad at the beggining of the week. I couldn't eat anything for a few days and felt like I had the worst flu. It seems to have tapered off and although I feel slightly queasy all day long, I'm still able to function. I have a lot of frequent headaches and I get tired very easily. After working a full day all I want to do is go to bed. My boobs are growing and very sore and somehow Dare always aims right for them when she needs attention. My belly is still very bloated and I look pretty chubby. I'll be happy when it rounds out and looks like a baby belly instead of just chub.

We told both sets of parents and soon the everyone else will know. We're so happy and I feel incredibly blessed! I'm praying hard that this little one will continue to grow healthy and strong.

Here's the belly pic and I'll post some ultrasound pics below.
1.31.10 - 7 WEEKS

2.1.10 7 week ultrasound

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment