Sunday, September 19, 2010

40 WEEKS!

We made it the whole way!!!! It's really hard to go overdue but so nice to know that I can carry a baby to term, and beyond apparently. :) Thursday was my new due date per the 20 week ultrasound. I'm not going to lie, this week has been really hard on my body and mind. But overall little one seems very happy and healthy according to all of the tests so I can't really complain.

Sunday started out as a very quiet day. Auntie Anne and Michelle came over for a little bit before Momma had to leave for Indio. Steven was out with Dad all day then at the track all night long, until 8am in fact. They were making a new course for the big race at the end of the month and not very many people showed up to help. Charlotte said the funniest thing to me. "Soooo Auntie Bena, are you ready to be a mother on Thursday?" I wanted to laugh because she said it so seriously, but it was actually a really sobering question. I replied, "Well kiddo, being a Mommy is a lot of responsibility but with God's help I think I'll take it one day at a time." She says in all seriousness "I know. I have two kids and it's really hard." hahahahahaha. Is that not the cutest thing ever? She does have two dolls that she takes everywhere now and is always shopping for them and arranging baby sitting and giving them naps. Two is a lot of work!

Steven slept all day Monday since he was up working on the track all night. I had an NST that afternoon that was a little worrisome at first. The nurse kept me on the monitor for a long time and had to buzz the baby twice to get her to move. She kept taking my print out back to the Dr but eventually they said all was well and to come back as usual in a few days. I had a few contractions on the monitor.

Tuesday wasn't very exciting. I started my craft blog and Steven finally got around to fixing the breaks on the truck then left with Scott to do hobby stuff.

Wednesday we ran some errands and stopped at Ruby's for lunch. That was a nice treat. :) I took a nap then crocheted two hats. I'm not sure what got in to me but it sounded like a fun challenge and they turned out better than I expected. I'm no expert by any means so I found some really easy patterns on line. Steven went to race track. I didn't see him very much this week.

Thursday we started off my due date with another NST where the baby was much more cooperative. We also had our weekly ultrasound to check fluid levels and everything was fine. After that we headed to the OB appointment. I'm still at 204 lbs and dilated 2 cm. During lunch I got really dizzy and developed a nagging headache. The Dr told me that my blood pressure was a bit elevated from my usual so to take some Tylenol and rest when I got home. If it didn't go away I was supposed to go to the hospital. She said if I don't have the baby by next Thursday they are going to have me induced. Because of the blood pressure she wanted me to come back on Monday to see the nurse practitioner. I was a little nervous after all that and didn't want to go sit at home yet again, so Steven took me to Kohl's so I could use my awesome coupon and got a purse. We sat and had an ice cream cone and talked for a bit which was really relaxing. My headache never left, even with the Tylenol but I was so tired and scared of going to the hospital so I just went to bed instead.

Friday I cleaned the house up as best my big belly would allow and made another hat. Steven was gone all day again and I felt miserable. Auntie Anne came over to take my blood pressure which was still elevated but no higher so I didn't worry too much. Momma came home and it was nice to have people around for a while even though I didn't feel well. We also got a package in the mail from Diane today. In it was a cute little stuffed kitty, a lady bug toy that sings, and a lullaby book with a CD. Thank you!

On Saturday Marla and her new boyfriend Donny stopped by while they were in town picking up her new car and visiting friends and family. It was great to see Marla as always and very nice to meet Donny. I'm really happy for them. :) Michelle and John and Char showed up later to spend some time with Momma and then Mike and Tanya and the kids joined us so that Steven and Mike could paint their trucks. Uncle Jim and Aunt Tammy called to say they were in the neighborhood and ended up coming by for a while also. Needless to say, we had quite the impromptu party and a house full of people. Steve bought us an amazing video camera today also. Thank you! It will be so fun to capture all of her "firsts" with it.

I'm late again on my 40 week picture but I don't think that much has changed.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment