Monday, June 14, 2010

26 WEEKS!

Our little girl has been doing some funny things in there this week. I've felt her have hiccups a few times and she has a new thing where she likes to ball up down really low and flip around. I can tell my uterus is getting close to my rib cage because one in a while I'll feel a jab really high. I'm feeling pretty good and managing the heartburn and reflux better. Some days I have a big appetite and some days I can't bring myself to eat much.

The weather is really warming up. I was surprised the temp was only 86 degrees today. I could have swore it was in the 90s. I think I'll need to buy a few more tank tops to get through the summer. One isn't enough.

I've found some motivation to start sewing and it's been really fun. I found all kinds of free patterns on line for different baby items. I'll post some of my projects next week. Now if I could just get motivated to take some pictures. :) I need to start collecting props for newborn pics. I had so many ideas running through my head last night.

On Sunday our friend Ronnie took Mom and I to go see a musical her niece was in. The play was fun (The Wedding Singer) and we had a nice dinner afterward. Thanks Ronnie!

Steven has been getting first place more often than not in his RC races now. It's nice that he's winning because the top three places get gift certificates to use for more racing time or products at the shop. Something always breaks so it's been much nicer on our diminished pocket book. :)

Steven also had an interview this week but the position wasn't a good fit for him. They wanted 90% travel! Insane if you ask me. Hopefully the right job will come along soon. And some unemployment benefits would be nice in the mean time.

Big news of the week: I've been approved for MediCal!!!!! YAY!!!!! It wasn't sure we would qualify and my contact at the clinic said if anything I'd probably get Cal Optima which would mean delivery at a crappier hospital. So now I'll be delivering at UCI in Orange and they just re-modeled it so I hear it's very nice. We'll be going on our hospital tour on the 24Th. Praise God! It's such a huge relief that even though this hasn't gone as I've planned, He's still more than met our needs through my parents and now the state. As far as I understand it we won't have to pay for anything. My contact said I should sign up for WIC also so that's next on the list, along with getting a CA driver's license. I was hoping to wait on that until the job situation was secure and we knew for sure this was it, but for the foreseeable future So Cal is where we are going to be so I better get adjusted to the thought.

I don't think I've grown this week.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment