Sunday, March 7, 2010

12 WEEKS!

I'm in the last week of the first trimester!!!!

Symptoms are basically the same. My stomach doesn't look any bigger to me. It just seems to be growing up instead of out. Sleeping is getting more and more uncomfortable. I can still lay on my stomach but it starts to ache. I'm usually a side sleeper but even that is uncomfortable now. So sleep and I have a love-hate relationship right now. I'm looking forward to gaining some energy back soon because I have none at all. I've also noticed that my hair and nails seem to be growing quickly. My skin has been great except for the constant dryness I always have to fight in this climate.

I finally started "The Belly Book" I bought a few weeks ago to document the pregnancy. All that's missing so far are pictures. And in other good news I finally saved up enough money to buy my studio lighting! I'm really excited to jump into learning how to work with strobes. I'll have to get lots of practice in so I can take amazing newborn photos when the little one arrives.

Soon I'll have to start working on a list of baby items we need to purchase and research the best options. I think we're probably going to wait until after the gender scan to purchase nursery items. I'd like to go fairly gender neutral on the big items that can be passed down to future babies, but once Steven finds out the gender I'm sure they'll be no stopping him. So far all we know is the car seat we will buy and that we're going to use cloth diapers. I haven't decided if we're using pre folds and covers or fitteds. I found some good patterns for making cloth diapers and to save a lot of money I'll likely make them myself. I'll be sewing blindly though without a baby to "test" them out on. I forsee an adventure. :)

It's been alternating between snow and rain this last week. I'm excited for spring! My flower beds look sadly neglected. I love watching those dead looking sticks bloom and come back to life. It will probably still be another month or two before that happens though. When we first moved into this house we had a very heavy snow in mid April. Like the saying goes...."if you don't like the weather in Utah, wait 15 minutes".

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment